STORAGE & HANDLING
Proper care not only keeps a product clean and looking good, it is essential for extending its life. Care instructions for each Helen Kaminski piece can be found on the care and composition label located inside the hat.
- Avoid placing the brim of the hat on a flat surface.
- Always set it upside-down on the crown.
- Store your hat in a hat box or on a clean surface.
- Store the headwear with the crown and brim supported (ie crown stuffed with plain, colourless tissue paper).
- Hats should not stored rolled for prolonged periods of time.
Raffia crochet and braid styles can be re-shaped by following these simple steps:
1. Stuff the crown with plain, colourless tissue paper.
2. Using a domestic iron on the ‘steam’ setting, steam the outer and inner sections of the hat until warm and slightly moist to touch.
3. Re-form the hat to the desired shape. Brim edges can be reshaped by running fingers and thumb along the brim edge in a very gentle stretching motion. Fedora crown tips can be redefined by pinching with the thumb, forefinger and middle finger.
4. Allow to cool and dry in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
5. The above technique also applies to raffia crochet bags.